Sexual Abuse and Assault Trauma Recovery
Recovery from childhood sexual abuse and sexual assault trauma. Inner toxic shame, guilt and inner critic recovery due to the sexual trauma in childhood or adult life.
How does it work?
Very slowly with Somatic Experiencing tools we will learn your Autonomic Nervous System to feel safe and to let go of stuck survival response as it is freeze, numbness or hyper vigilance. Gently we will work with letting go of guilt and shame and shock trauma in your body, mind and soul.
Signs, Signals and Some Symptoms of Toxic Inner Guilt, Inner Shame, Self-Directed Anger and Blame due to the Sexual Assault
- you move from feeling depressed, sad and angry through out the day or even an hour
- you feel emotionally numb
- you have a feeling that everything is wrong with you
- you feel that you are different from other people and you deserve everything what happened to you
- you tend to push down feelings and memories and avoid them by substance use or numb out by food, movies or you move like nothing happened
- you try to hide your feelings so others won’t see them
- you start to feel inferior to others
- expressing a feeling such is joy, happiness, excitement leaves you with a inner shame and you dismissing it immediately
- your inner voice tells you how you should, how you have to, how worthless or not good enough you are and voice sounds like your parents, siblings, partner or abuser voice
- you get angry at yourself easily and often and you are not able to relax or “let go” as others do
- you use alcohol, drugs, shopping or food as a release
- you often feel disgusted with yourself
- you have self destructive episodes or tendencies
- you blame yourself for what happened
- you get angry at yourself for how little you get done
- you can not stop angry voice in your head who is telling you how you should respond and what you should tell or react and you keep replaying what could you do instead
- you fear getting close to people
- you self-isolate
- you self-sabotage and self-destruct
- you fear of going outside or be in any social event
- you feel that if people get too close to you or you show you inner self, they won’t like what they see and you will be rejected, ridiculed, hurt, abused and isolated again
Please remember you are not alone. Recovery and healing is possible and post traumatic growth is what happens with many abuse survivors.